Thursday 30 December 2010

Hyper 12 bash... and more repairs!

Well, I got about half an hour of running in before my wishbone bodge failed! Well worth it though as it has been months since I ran one of my RC cars and it was great to get out there again.

Other than the wishbone and any other damage that occurred from the high speed crash that the failure caused I also struggled with another issue. The HSN on the carb has got very loose, something I noticed on my last run. It is now at the point where the vibration of the engine causes it to rotate (richer) to the point where the car won't run properly.

I posted on MS-UK about the problem and the following has been suggested-
1) Replace the o ring (if it has one)
2) PTFE tape the thread
3) Add some thread lock.

I'll pull it apart and see what fix will be most suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment