Tuesday 22 February 2011

RS4 Rally Conversion: Build Session 1

Some time last week the second pair of rally springs turned up which meant that I had all the parts I needed to start my RS4 rally conversion project, well... apart from a set of wheels to mount my rally block tyres on but that is a minor detail! Here are the pieces I'll be using-
The chassis will need modifying before I can fit the front and rear suspension bits so I thought I'd start with the more straight forward task of putting the shocks together.

Even a pair of shocks has a fair few components though...
Not all of these are needed and as long as you are methodical about putting them together they aren't too tricky. After about an hour all four were assembled.
Next job... modifying the front of the chassis and assembling the front end.

No comments:

Post a Comment