Wednesday 3 August 2011

RC Driving 101

When driving your RC car from the other side of a car park, after thinking "I must avoid those bollards" DON'T then proceed to drive flat out into one of them! Doh!

Car in question was the Slash which came out of it quite well really with a snapped C hub which I have simply super glued back together.

Waiting for the glue to dry...
Before that little... incident I was really pleased with the extra speed that the gearing change had. Much more like the pace I was expecting from it! The downside was that while getting used to the extra speed I was grip rolling loads which has put two small cracks in the shell near the back of the roof. Oh well, it isn't a proper Slash without a knackered body!


For now I have just put some duct tape on the inside of the shell to try and stop it spreading.

As for the HoBao, well I remembered to take the right handset this time but found that neither servo would move, all they did was glitch when the power was turned on. The new steering servo turned out to be a duffer but that didn't explain why the throttle servo didn't work. Strangely at home it seemed ok after swapping on my spare battery pack out of the RS4. I've charged the AAA's from the HoBao and I'll just have to keep an eye on it I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment