Wednesday 20 July 2011

RS4 Diff replacement plus the first small step with the TC3!

For various reasons I haven't touched any of my RC cars for over three months, tonight I decided to get back to them and as I mentioned before I was halfway through replacing the front diff on the RS4.

I had removed the old diff already so the car was in bits on the desk and despite this being a relatively simple job I did suffer a bit of "where does that bit go?!" Possibly why once the job was done I was left with...


Oh well, I'm sure they weren't that important!

That done I thought I'd have a look at the TC3 that I plan to turn into a drifter tourer hybrid. I bought it as a rolling chassis and it seems to be all there.


It has spent its life carpet racing so is immaculate underneath but covered in fluff!


Other than the annoyance of all the hex screws being in inches (more tools required!) I'm looking forward to getting started on it. Tonight I only got as far as giving it a look over and putting one of my cheap Acoms servos in. What I did find though was that my 7 cell Slash cells fit perfectly!


This is a massive bonus in that I can get the car up and running without having to buy more cells. It also means that the decision on which battery connectors to go for has been made for me and no additional charging leads will be needed. Finally it means that when I upgrade to Lipos I'll effectively be upgrading both cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment