Monday 18 April 2011

RS4 - Front Diff Problems...

Tonight I took the front diff off of the RS4 and it became clear that it was what was causing my handling  problems.

Once separated from the rest of the car I found that it did work as it should but the wheels turned easily on one side but were a real effort to turn on the other.

I stripped it all down, re-greased and re assembled and while it is better it is still stiff on one side and now feels a bit lumpy too.

The gears look in good condition and the only two issues I could see were a very used looking washer on the side that was stiff and the casing on one side of the diff being a bit restrictive on the drive hub.

Anyway, I've decided to relegate the whole diff to spare parts and have ordered up a complete new diff from the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment