Friday 15 April 2011

TC3 is here!

I picked up the TC3 from the Post Office yesterday and had just enough time last night to unpack it.

The car looks great, I did notice that one of the front wheels appeared to be very... wobbly but this might be due to the hub nut not being tight. This will be the first thing I look at though.

So far my job list looks a little like this...
Investigate wobbly front wheel!
Set the camber all round
Test fit my S15 shell. (Depending on how this goes I might end up having to add a new shell to my to do list)
Fit a steering servo
Find and fit some radio gear (I might splash out on a cheap 2.4GHz system)
Fit Gyro

I've ordered up an XERun 2700Kv Brushless system for the car. More expensive than the sensorless EZRun but hey you only live once and the Baja sold for about three times what I thought! It is coming from Hong Kong so could be anywhere from 5 days to a month but I'm hoping it will be at the lower end of that scale.

I'm not sure what battery connectors (if any) that it comes with but I have asked the question on Modelsport. Once I know that I can get some Lipos ordered and a balancer for my charger and I think it will then be good to go!

Once I have tested it I will think about locking the rear diff if it feels like it needs it (the TT-01D never did in my opinion) and look at thinks like spring rates and what not. This car was used as a racer (a carpet racer judging by the fluff inside and lack of marks to the chassis) so I need to take it from grippy to tail happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment