Sunday 30 January 2011

Another Slash bash, another broken rear shock tower!

Yeah, thats right, I broke it again! Not only that but at the same place (dirt BMX track in Wymondham), in the same way (rear shock tower snapped clean in half at the bottom) and at about the same point (3/4 of the way through my first battery of the day)!

I would have upgraded it last time round but Modelsport didn't have any in stock and at less than £4 I thought I'd risk another standard one. Not this time though! Having checked Modelsport both the Pro Line and my prefered RPM option were both out of stock. So I hit ebay and the only thing I could find from a single seller was a Pro Line one so that decision was made for me!

To be honest I have no grounding as to why I would want RPM over Pro Line so I will try and keep an open mind. If it lasts a whole session then it is already doing better than the Traxxas effort!

Only concern is that the picture on the Modelsport website is completely different. In fact it shows this as being the front shock tower. Checking the hole positions though I can't see how that can be the case. Anyway, hopefully it will be the right one... if not I've just picked up a spare for the front!

No comments:

Post a Comment