Sunday 9 January 2011

Three non runners...

So after today I effectively had no properly running cars! There was nothing I could do about the Slash so after a quick brush down and clipping the back bumper back in place I put that aside. On to the RS4...

A nice simple fix here, fit my two spare hexs and throw on some new wheels and rubber. Because the other two hexs are well and truly stuck in the Tamiya wheels my only choice at the moment is to run ghetto style!
I also spotted that my bodyshell didn't escape the impact with Chris' tyre (on his 1/1 scale!) unscathed!
Hard to see in the photo but there is a small crack that runs the length of the rear arch. Oh well... I never liked that shell much! Ghetto wheels and cracked body aside my least favourite of my three cars is the only runner at the end of the night!

Finally it was time to fix the Hyper 12. A familiar site...
Broken front lower wishbone
...and while I had a replacement my ghetto hinge pin had bent in quite an impressive fashion. Maybe I'll retract my statement about never buying hinge pins again. The steel bar is no where near as strong. Good enough to get me out of a fix but not a permanent replacement would be a fair evaluation.

As I couldn't fix the suspension I thought I might as well have a look at the carb. So it was out with the needle where the problem became apparent straight away.

Near the top of the needle is a small rubber o-ring. My one had gone flat and felt 'plasticy'. No wonder it didn't give any useful seal or resistance any more. I prised the ring out...
...and will keep the needle as a spare if I can find another suitable size o-ring. I have also ordered a new needle and ring from Modelsport with a few other bits and bobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment