Friday 14 January 2011

Slash rear shock tower replacement

Continuing from last night I decided to carry on with sorting the Slash. First up was to remove the rest of the broken shock tower. Here are the two offending parts.
And here it is looking sorry for itself with all its suspension bits flopping about!
So, fitting the rear shock tower. Can you see the screw heads?
...no I can't either. That is because you need to fit the shock tower before fitting the body mount. DOH! Oh well, not a big problem.

All done...
While I had the Slash on the table with the hood off I thought it was worth sticking some more spacers in to stiffen it up a touch. So an extra medium spacer on the back and a large on the front. I'll see how it handles on the next run as to whether I leave them in or not.
Back in one piece!
...and then I went crazy and decided to give it a bit of a clean. As you have seen from my photos, unless a car is literally caked in mud I'm not real big on cleaning. In all honesty I simply don't see the point on a basher.

When it comes to bodyshells though I've found that a quick spray with some detailing spray and a wipe with a microfibre cloth and you have a car that is 90% clean and with a nice waxy protective sheen. Just like this...
So there we are, back to a fully operational fleet! Not sure if I'll get out for a bash this weekend as I'm off to the Autosport show tomorrow, that said I could really do with running down the Slash's batteries that were charged for last weeks run.

No comments:

Post a Comment