Sunday 16 January 2011

Slash shell, preventative measures!

Well, I say preventative but I've already done some damage.

At the moment the tyres scrub the inside of the body when the slash bottoms out (although it shouldn't do that as often with the extra spacers) which has caused some paint to be rubbed off in places. To stop this getting any worse I decided to tape up the spots that were a problem.

But to get tape to stick I was going to have to get some of the mud off of the inside of the shell. After a quick scrub...
As you can see, some paint has already been scrubbed off. Worst place is where the rear tyres made contact on hard landings but there was also some paint taken off where the front tyres, body mounts and side nerf bars had rubbed.

A little bit of gaffer tape later...
Not the most elegant of solutions but it will do the job! I'll make sure to do that before running my next shell!

The rear suspension wasn't rebounding as well as the front. Thinking that it might be full of mud I gave it a bit of a clean. This was some of the crud that just came from the rear suspension linkages. Remember, it only ran for 10 minutes!
The suspension was still just as bad when I had finished though. I think a shock rebuild with some thicker shock oil might be on the cards soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment