Tuesday 18 January 2011

RS4 - Little bit of prep work

In order to save a bit of cash on the rally conversion I decided to dig out my old RS4 Impreza shell from the garage.

After a quick wipe with the quick detailer it was looking pretty good!
It won't be much of a rally car if I can't get 4 matching wheels on, luckily my replacement alloy hubs turned up today.
I'm not a huge fan of alloy hubs but as usual it was cheaper to get alloy ones from Hong Kong than to get plastic ones from the UK... THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD!

Here they are adding a bit of bling to the RS4...
Finally I threw the Impreza shell on with the vintage wheels for a laugh expecting it to look a complete joke.

Funny thing is I think it kind of works in an odd way! Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that so I don't have to buy any more on road wheels! Take a look...
I'll order up some rally block tyres and new wheels for the loose stuff and make do with these for a bit for tarmac.

The rest of the bits were ordered tonight but Paypal is playing up so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if the payments went through or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment