Tuesday 25 January 2011

Slash diff replacement

Also in the post today was the new diff for the slash.
Much faffing about and some seriously greasy fingers later the diff was assembled.
 Diff assembled it was time to put the rest of the transmission back together.
One design feature that I was less than impressed with was the piece of tape that covered over the bottom of the transmission. I have no idea why Traxxas chose to do it and once removed you need to find something to replace it with.

I bought some waterproof repair tape (the stuff you can fix broken car lights with) from B&Q which hopefully will do the job.
...and a quick trim later...
Hopefully it will last!

Transmission complete I started on the re assembly of the car.
getting there...
It actually went back together pretty easily and after I remembered that I'd used the new screws that came in the pack when assembling the diff I had no screws left over either... can't be bad!

Here it is back in one piece!
Hopefully I can have a proper run with it now... PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment