Thursday 13 January 2011

Hyper 12 wishbone and carb needle replacement

First job tonight was to replace the front wishbone now that my new hinge pins had arrived.
Also in the post this week was a new carb needle.
This one was a much tighter fit. Hopefully this will sort all of my tuning issues out. I went for a best guess tune rather than returning to stock settings. I might change my mind before I run it and put it back to the factory settings. Either way I have been quite conservative with the setting so it shouldn't be an issue.

I also made a start with the Slash. First job was to remove the body mount from the snapped shock tower.
As the part is generic with other Traxxas models the shock tower needs to have the correct body mount added in the case of the Slash and Rustler, the Bandit's body on the other hand fits straight on. Here it is swapped over to the new shock tower.
...and that was as far as I got tonight. Next job is to mount the shock tower to the car and then we'll be back to a full fleet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment